Nested Filling Lines – RNFM Series
Our RNFM Series, Robotic Nested Filler are linear style fillers which process syringes, cartridges, and vials (nested) from 1ml to 30mm in diameter with production speeds up to 200 units/minute, with minimal format changes.
METHOD OF OPERATION
Tubs of nest empty glassware are positioned into the RNFM and the outer wrap and lid are automatically removed from the tub of the nested empty glassware. After lid removal the tube of empty syringes (cartridges or vials) will be placed automatically into the in-feed position of the filling and stoppering system. The system has two working platforms with a centering frame. A manipulator arm with vacuum gripper automatically takes the nest out of the tub and places it into one of the two nest indexing platforms. The platform moves the nest lengthwise and laterally into an exact position under the filling needles and stopper insertion tubes. Both the individual centering of each syringe in the frame, as well as the precisely controlled movement of the platform under the working stations ensure that any friction of tools against the syringes are avoided. While the filling and stoppering of the first nest is going on, another nest with empty syringes will be picked up by the vacuum gripper, and will be placed into the second nest indexing platform.
- Conveyor belt to transfer the tubs from an optional de-liner system into the nest filling system
- Vacuum gripper device to remove the nest from the tub and place it into the nest indexing platform
- Two fully automatic nest indexing platforms, with alternating positions at filling/stoppering area and loading/unloading area, to move nest lengthwise and laterally into exact position under filling needles and stoppering vent tubes
- Two three-point centering frames with centering plates adjusted to clamp 1 size of syringe in defined position in the nest, made of SST with PE guide for the centering plates, set up for one syringe format
- One check station to verify if nest has been correctly inserted into centering frame
- One servo controlled bottom up filling movement.
- One servo-controlled filling station for rotary piston pumps including a main servo drive and central fill volume adjustment via format menu in the HMI
- One set of dosing size parts (ANSI 316 stainless steel), including filling hoses and filling needles.
- One glass buffer tank with min. and max level sensor and valve to connect to customer’s main product tank. (The buffer tank is located on the system next to the filling station and will ensure the same pressure level of product supply in relation to the filling nozzles and will therefore enable the filler to achieve a filling accuracy of greater than ± 0.5 % for fill volume > 1 ml)
- One product manifold (ANSI 316 L) to connect to the pumps
- One fully automatic vent tube/push rod type stoppering station with vibratory plunger stopper un-scrambler bowl with vibratory multi-lane feed track adjusted for one size of stopper/plug
- Nest transfer system consisting of one conveyor open system for tub discharge up to wall inside the filling room and 1 roller conveyor (approx. 1 mtr. long) for tub collection outside filling room
- Parts above open syringes and stoppers that could hamper the laminar flow are minimized
- Dead zones for cleaning are eliminated; all surfaces exposed to the working area are well accessible for cleaning
- Format parts are easy to dismantle and mount under aseptic conditions and the use of tools for format change over is avoided
- Minimization of idle time between two nests by using two alternating centering platforms
- Also consider our Robotic UV Sterilizing System for tub sterilization